Weekend in Sonoma

I had to stay over the weekend in California for work, which was a bummer because I had to miss the Trek. However, we didn't actually end needing to do much work. So we got to enjoy, a lovely and HOT weekend in Sonoma county. Saturday afternoon I went for a long hike in Annandel State Park. I couldn't believe the number of people, especially mountain biking out on the trails. This is a huge park, with hundreds of trails, and I saw people on every trail I was on. Then, I met the other consultants and we went to an interesting Euro soul food place called Lokal in Sonoma.

Sunday, I managed to hook up with the Santa Rosa cycling club. They were fantastically nice, and managed to round me up a bike, helmet, and gloves. We did a lovely rolling ride through the Russian River valley. I couldn't believe the sheer number of vineyards. The roads and scenery are just so amazing- you could probably do a different ride every day for years.

Then we hit up a couple vineyards. Matanzas Creek where the lavender fields were just coming into bloom. Then to the fancy Ledson, in a Normandy style castle. Long bike ride + heat + lots of wine in a short period of time = rest of the night conked out on the couch!



No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...