Mix it Up

The wonderful, and terrible, thing about my job right now is that it is constantly changing. Each change is a massive one, requiring me to travel to a new city, stay in a new hotel, find new running routes, familiarize myself with a new gym, learn an entire office of new people, navigate a new hospital, and find good new places to eat. The part of me that is a creature of habit, hates this. I arrived last night for the first time, and felt overwhelmed by the new airport and busy new roads. I woke up in the middle of the night panicked because I couldn't remember where I was. I pounded out a dull 60 minutes on the hotel elliptical because I hadn't had time to scope out running routes. I had gotten so used to my old trip that I could do it on autopilot.

On the other hand, the part of me that gets bored easily loves this. It's a chance to see new places, get to know different people, try new gym classes. It is a chance to start over. As I mentioned in my last post, in Santa Rosa I was falling into a habit of overindulgence. I'm trying to use this as an opportunity for growth. Here is my chance to break that and move on to a healthier routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...