Paddleboarding

Life is pretty good. I'm on vacation. I did bootcamp Saturday, a 9 miler yesterday, and bootcamp again today, and my heel hasn't hurt at all. It's the wonderful time of the year where everything is ripe. For lunch today I made a salad of green and peas from the veggie garden and then worked my way around the yard picking rasberries, blueberries, and the last of the strawberries for dessert.

This afternoon, I finally got to try stand up paddle-boarding. I've been seeing people on these things for the past year or so, particularly on the West Coast. Lucky for me, this summer, they have them in the Harbor. It was a total blast and a good workout! Because you're standing the whole time, your legs and core are constantly working to stabilize you. Then, your arms are working the paddle. We were out for about an hour, which was just about right for the first time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...