Funky Cactus

I saw this while running this morning and it made me laugh out loud. I would definitely never see this while running in Maine.

That was about the only thing that made me smile. I did a hill run today, and realized that I have not been doing nearly enough hills lately! I did this workout once a week last year, and today it nearly killed me. It starts with a long climb- about 15 minutes up this small mountain behind my hotel. After I ran down and did some recovery on the flats at the bottom, I intended to do some shorter repeats. But my legs were totally fried. I felt like I was really pushing it, but when I looked down at my Garmin I was only doing a 9:55 pace. For crying out loud when did I turn into such a wimp??

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...