Don't Mess with my Coffee

I woke up today and thought it was going to be a better day. I am so tired of nasty hotel coffee, so I went to the grocery store last night and got some decent coffee. Then I did a complicated operation where I opened a slit in the crappy hotel coffee pod thing, dumped out the nasty coffee, poured mine in, and then folded it over so it wouldn't get grounds in the coffee. So I had a delicious 1/2 mug of my hazelnut before I headed out on my run and couldn't wait to have the rest of the pot when I got back. I put a note on the coffee maker to "please leave coffee" just to make sure house cleaning wouldn't touch it.



After a solid week of rain, the sun was finally out! It was a crisp, clear morning just perfect for a run. I went for a great 8 mile run around Spring Lake. This was my longest run by far since the Rome Marathon 2 weeks ago, and it has some decent hills. I felt good, running about a 9:30 pace :-)

As I went to get into the shower I looked over at the coffee pot. Empty. I was so mad. I literally screamed a swear and almost ran out into the hall in my little towel to confront housekeeping. I mean they had to lift the note off to pour out the coffee. I know I was being a little irrational, but I was pissed.

I didn't get any less angry as I drank the awful hotel coffee at breakfast. Luckily, I had also planned to go a yoga class at 11. Yoga always reminds me what is really important. It's not coffee. Today, it was pigeon pose. After a week of hard workouts and 10 hours in the car yesterday my hips were holding a lot of tension. A few minutes in pigeon and I feel like a new person. But I still want coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...