Grace Restaurant, Portland Maine


I posted a few pictures of our weekend meal at Grace the other day, but it was just so amazingly good that I wanted to give Grace its own post.

Grace is inside a restored church and it is just breathtaking. They kept the integrity of the church and added in some cool touches like an open kitchen where the organ used to be and a huge central bar.







We sat upstairs looking down at the bar and the kitchen. It was neat to see all the food being prepared.















The menu changes seasonally and the summer menu was just bursting with fresh produce and seafood. Most of the ingredients are locally sourced. I had a butter lettuce salad with grilled peaches, hazelnuts, and caramelized vinaigrette.


My friend Jose was brave enough to try one of the many exotic meat appetizers. I don't do beer tartare, but it was pretty.

  
My entree was amazing- ricotta gnocchi with morels, kale, and Parmesan.  The gnocchi were so light and the morel sauce was so rich.


It only took me a year to finally make it to Grace, but I will definitely go back!






No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...