Foodie Pen Pals Reveal: August

Getting my foodie pen pal box is always one of the highlights of my month, and this month was no exception. Not familiar with foodie pen pals? It's a great idea, thought up by Lindsay over at the Lean Green Bean, where you are matched with a fellow foodie every month and exchange a box of goodies.

This month I got my box from Sarah of Mom Running on Empty. Check out her blog it's great! I found my box waiting for me when I got home late at night. I was starving so I dug right in!

Sarah really nailed my likes, she had some familiar favorites, like walnut butter, fruit twists,dark chocolate with cranberries, and organic dark chocolate peanut butter cups. She also included PUFFS, a fun puffed treat. I had 3 right away. They have a great crunch and flavor. I noticed they had them at my grocery store, so I will be getting them from now on.

 There was also an awesome pouch of honey garlic BBQ sauce that I can't wait to try. I might end up just drinking it because it looks so darn good.

Finally there was some Athlete Fuel Muesli that is chock full of yummy stuff- flax seedsm almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, raisins, and whole grains. I had some hot with almond milk the next morning before my long bike ride. It was wonderful. I want to try using it for my cold overnight oats and hot banana oatmeal too.

Thanks Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...