Not a night owl

I've had the opportunity to do several short term EMR consulting jobs (my old job before nursing) this year. It's been nice to travel a bit and make some extra $$. However this time around they have me doing NIGHT shift. Wah Wah. At my last gig I was in at 6am, so I was getting up at 4 am to run before.

Getting up at 4 am didn't bother me. I am not a night owl. 9 pm is a late night for me. So going into work at 11 pm? Ug, it sucks. I've had a terrible headache and stomach ache all week.

It totally gives me a new appreciation for people who do this all the time, like my husband. He works midnights every single week- and doesn't get to sleep in a nice quiet hotel when he is trying to sleep during the day. He has a toddler screaming, a wife stomping, and a dog barking to disrupt hium,.


The only plus side is that I am actually getting to run in the daylight (at 3pm when I get up) instead of at 5:30 am!


Would you rather get up early or stay up late? Have you ever had to work overnight?

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that sounds TOUGH! I hope your body starts to get a little more used to it so the aches go away!

    I'd be like you - I am a morning person. I only ever worked late in architecture school, in the studio all night! I'd rather work early and leave early (my current shift is 6:30-4:00.)

    ReplyDelete

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...