Sick-o

It's official, I'm sick. When I was younger, I was sick ALL the time. A combination of messed up ears, and asthma meant that I got colds and ear infections frequently and had them for a long time. Luckily, this has improved as I've gotten older. I think running and eating a healthy diet really helps. But with all my travel (especially since I spend most of my week in hospitals), it's inevitable that I'm going to get sick occasionally. This is one of those weeks. Sunday I woke up with a wicked sore throat, and by Monday morning, the congestion hit me full on. I am blowing my nose every 4 minutes and sound horrible. I moved desks yesterday and my new office mates were less than thrilled to have snotty, germy me, moving in!

Copious amounts of sleep are what usually help me to recover the fastest, along with zinc and vitamin sleep. I pretty always keep running and working out, unless I'm really sick to my stomach. I know it probably makes me worse instead of better, but I feel like it gets everything in my body moving. After getting no sleep due to my unexpected night in Chicago, last night I got a great nyquil induced 9 hours. Tonight however, I'm taking a red eye home, so it will be another bad night.

What do you do to get over a cold more quickly?

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...