You don't know what you've got til it's gone...

As Joni Mitchell once sang, “don’t it always seem to go, you don’t know what you got till it’s gone.” I found out this week while in Santa Rosa, that it was my last trip. As though, I often complained about the trip, I was amazingly lucky to get to work in such an amazing place. This week I took the time to savor. My runs were done in the cool mist of the early morning, on quiet roads and paths. I walked through the Burbank Gardens at lunch, as saw artichokes growing for the first time (they’re actually pretty). I went to the farmer’s market and feasted on sweet fruit, cheeses, crispy fresh vegetables, and nutty hearty breads. I had a great dinner with a group of people that have come to be good friends. Yesterday, I did the drive through the green rolling hills from Santa Rosa and back to San Francisco for the last time. I saw the tips of the golden gate rise suddenly from the fog and hills. I walked through the palace of fine arts and along the marina. I was part of the crowd of people walking, running, biking, frolicking. I had a organic soft serve ice cream dipped in chocolate and salt, the melted down my arms as I ate it in the sun. I met friends and ate Burmese food for the first time at an over flowing restaurant full of talk and laughter. I’ve come to deeply appreciate the beauty and spirit of Northern California. Look at these pictures, how can you not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...