I wear my sunglasses at night and my clothes in the shower

So I don't usually wear my sunglasses at night, but I forgot my hair elastic and my hair was driving me crazy. So I put them on my head to hold my hair back. I do frequently shower with my clothes though. And here's why.....

I travel a lot and I don't check bags unless I absolutely have to. One, if I get stuck in the middle of the trip I want my stuff. Also, I am too impatient to wait for my bags all the time. It takes an average of 20 minutes for bags to come out, multiply that by 2 times each trip, times the 40 weeks on average that I travel, and I would spend 26 HOURS a year waiting for bags. No way.

So that means I pack for up to 2 weeks at a time in my carry-on, so I have to economize on the work-out clothes and they get worn multiple times. And then they get stuffed back in my laundry bag to fester until I get home. This can lead to some major stinkage. Like the sunk in, deep stinkiness that never comes out. Hence the bringing them into the shower with me. I don't actually wear them while I shower, because then I wouldn't get clean. But I dump some shampoo on them and let the water run over them. If I am super motivated, and not in a rush, I give them a little scrub. It's no replacement for really washing them, but it helps a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...