Best Ever Fall Salad

I love summer, obviously, all the fresh produce, particularly basil and tomato. But, I think I may love the heartier vegetables of fall even more. These veggies can stand up to roasting, which makes them even sweeter. I was inspired by this recipe in Self to toss a bunch of my favorite fall produce together into one salad, and holy moly, it is good! I have eaten it for one dinner and three lunches already this week and still want more!

Photo: I love me some fall produce. Roasted squash, apples, Brussels sprouts, onions and chickpeas with a tahini dressing.

Best Ever Fall Salad

For the Roasted Veggies:
1 lb brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
  • apples
  • 1 sweet onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
  • 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
  • 4 carrots, peeled and diced
  • Olive Oil
  • Sea Salt

  • Heat oven to 400°. Spread the veggies out in a single layer a baking sheet and then mist lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast on baking sheet, turning once, until veggies are brown and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.

  • For the Dressing:
  • 1/4 cup tahini
  • 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
  • 2 teaspoons white miso (I couldn't find this anywhere in Maine, so I left it out)
  • 1 teaspoon powdered mustard
  • 1/4 cup water

In a glass jar combine all ingredients. Microwave for 20 seconds. Cover jar and shake until combined. 

For the Roasted Chickpeas:
1 can chickpeas, rinsed

Heat oven to 350. Dry chickpeas with a paper towel and then spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Mist with olive oil and bake until crispy, about 30 mins. 

  • For a single serving: Mix 2 tablespoons dressing with greens of your choice, and then top with 1/2 cup chickpeas, and 1/4 of veggie mixture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...