Foot Update

Well honestly there isn't much of an update to give. I still don't have an appointment scheduled with the orthopedist, because the ER still hasn't sent my x-rays to my PCP for the referral. This is really frustrating because I don't know for sure what is wrong. I don't have any definite guidelines for what I should or shouldn't do.

I am trying to just use common sense and pain as a guide. By walking mostly on the side and heel of my injured foot, I made my whole ankle hurt on that side. So, now I am trying to use my crutches more or do a normal foot plant when I am walking. It also seems to feel better when I wear sneakers than when I am barefoot.

I tried swimming yesterday and that was pain free so I swam for 45 minutes. I didn't do my usual kicking drills and I tried to pull more with my arms and kick less. Today I tried biking. After fighting with my stupid pump to pump up road bike tires for more than 20 minutes, I finally gave up and took out my mountain bike. The foot was mostly fine. The only twinges of pain where when I tried to stand up going up a hill. I have also been trying to do a lot of strength work for my core, hips, glutes, and arms. So I am at least getting in a little exercise fix each day. But naturally the BF picked this week to start running to train for his yearly PT test at work. I am so jealous seeing him head out the door on a run. Plus, the humidity of last week broke and we have perfect crisp running weather!


I am having a harder time with the rest of my life. I don't want to make my foot worse doing everyday activities so I am really trying to take it easy. Which pretty much takes out all of my normal leisure activities. No yoga, no meeting friends for walks, no cocktail tours in Portland, I can even go shopping. I am so tired of being stuck in front of the TV.

I really stink at being injured and I apologize for the whining. Please tell me about the good things that are happening in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...