A Christmas Surprise

I've had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas.

We spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at my Mom's on Southport Island. We enjoyed a lovely tromp through the woods and then feasted on crab dip and scallops fresh off the boat before heading to church for the candlelight service.

Christmas morning started with a furry little dog sniffing my face and begging for a tummy rub.

It was a beautiful morning, but even from my bed I could tell how cold it was outside because of the sea smoke on the water and the glistening ice everywhere.


After making coffee (priorities), we settled down to see what Santa brought. Santa brought me a new mooring ball for my boat! I bet none of you got a shiny new mooring ball!


And then I went for a chilly, but sunny, run. I love running on the island in the winter. I didn't see a single car and ran right smack in the middle of the road. 



But mostly, I spent my time staring and my hand and smiling because there is a very shiny new item on my finger. 


Early yesterday morning the BF made me the happiest girl alive by proposing. I'll save the story for another day, and just say that I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. 

I hope your heart is also full of joy on this Christmas day.

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congratulations! Today is the 10th anniversary of my husband's proposal! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Christmas! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...