A New Job!

This morning I got to do something that I've wanted to do for a long time........ I taught my first class at my gym!

For years there was a metabolic conditioning class at 8 am Saturday morning that I loved. It was a great workout and I made a whole group of gym friends at the class. Our instructor left in May right as the gym was being sold. They ended up putting a different class in that time slot and we were all disappointed. We all gave it a try, but it just wasn't what we wanted. So we made our own class! For months I've been coming up with workouts for us to do out on the main floor. Our renegade group kept growing to the point where they asked me if I was interested in teaching an official class. I definitely was! I really enjoy putting the workouts together and leading them. Getting paid for something I like to do? Bonus!

I had 18 people at my first class this morning and it went really smoothly. The hardest part was getting myself and Cooper up, dressed, fed, in the car, to the gym, and into childcare in time to get ready for class!

It's really exciting to have something new in my life that I really enjoy!

What's new with you?

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome, and what a great turnout! It feels so good to get paid for doing something you LOVE!!! Yay! I wonder if you will end up teaching more?! Are you going to get a teaching certification (or do you already have one and I forgot?)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a certified yoga teacher..... But I am now thinking of getting a group fitness or personal trainer certification. But I also still have studying burnout from nursing school, so I don't know for sure!

    ReplyDelete

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...