Rite of Passage

Last night I reached an important parent milestone- I caught my child's vomit in my hands. I'm a nurse, but I hate puke. Blood, poop, urine, pus, mucus- none of them bother me. As soon as I'm near vomit though, I start gagging.

Image result for parent catching vomit memeYet last night, when Cooper started to heave I instinctively held my hands in front of him. I get it now. It's really a selfish act. After cleaning the baby and myself the last thing I wanted to do was have to clean the carpet as well. Unfortunately, last night my hands couldn't contain the contents of Cooper's stomach. Luckily Rory was home and he took care of the carpet clean-up. That's love my friends.


What's the grossest thing you've done lately?

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I hope your catching it helped with some of the cleanup!!!

    LOL, that's a good question... does picking boogers out of Khali's nose count?!

    ReplyDelete

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...