Damn you doghnut

I have a serious problem. A serious doughnut problem.

It all started Saturday afternoon. The BF and I were both wanting something sweet after a late lunch. We didn't have too many options since it was so late in the afternoon. Most of our favorite bakeries were already closed for the day. Finally we thought of The Cookie Jar. It's just down the road and the BF said they have amazing donuts.

I'm not usually a huge doughnut person, but I went with it.

And I haven't been the same since. I got a glazed pumpkin doughnut and it was amazeballs. The pumpkin flavor was so intense and rich. The glaze was thick and sweet and perfectly crispy.

I wanted another one almost immediately. I have seriously spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about it since. And I am ashamed to admit that I gave into my cravings 2 more times.




Today I managed to restrict myself to just a doughnut hole.

Damn you pumpkin glazed doughnut. Why are you so good?

What is your favorite fall treat right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...