Self Sabotage

Earlier this fall I set out to get a little more serious about eating better in order to lose a few pounds before I started marathon training. I started logging my food, eating smaller portions, and not going crazy with dessert. And it worked! I dropped about 5lbs in the first couple weeks.

I figured my biggest challenges would be a busy fall full of events with lots of food. Not so much. I made it through those without going crazy. The problem is just me.

Self sabotage is a bitch.

As soon as I start to see a little progress I see it as an excuse to let up a little. I let myself have one bowl of ice cream because I am bored and home alone and watching TV. And then I have a second bowl. And then a third. I know that I don't enjoy that second bowl as much, and I enjoy the third bowl even less. And I sure hate that feeling of waking up the next morning with a food hangover and feeling guilty. But, I just can't seem to get out of my own way and keep a good thing going on.

1 comment:

  1. A great article that is relevent to people in everyday life! It's amazing how some people are unaware of their 'inner voices'

    This article explains more for those interested...

    http://www.psychalive.org/2013/06/self-sabotaging/

    ReplyDelete

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...