Thank you Columbus

I had a much needed relaxing three-day weekend thanks to my pal Christopher Columbus. The BF and I headed up to see his mom on Islesboro, an island off the mid coast. There is something about being a ferry ride away from the mainland, with very limited cell phone service, that just makes me totally relaxed. I was feeling a little overwhelmed by life last week, but now I feel totally refreshed. I got everything I needed this weekend!


Silence and Solitude: Every one in awhile I need to be in a place where I can't see or hear another human. I need this time to remember who I am and to reset myself. I spent some time sitting on the rocks watching the ocean, hearing nothing but the waves and some grumbly ducks. The spectacular views didn't hurt either!


A long run and a long bike ride. For the first time in a long time, I got to sleep until I woke up naturally and then bike and run as long for as I wanted. I had nothing to get back for. Saturday, I biked the whole island, which is about 25 miles. This morning I went for a challenging, hilly 7 miler. The weather was absolutely perfect- sunny and crisp. I even cooled down and stretched after. I'm a superstar.


Time with loved ones (and dogs). We stayed with the BF's Mom and my Mom came out for a night as well. Between us all we had 5 dogs. So there were lots of ambling dog walks and belly rubs. Time to watch our hometown teams (go Pats and Red Sox!) win. Time to enjoy yummy meals, balanced out by long games of tennis. Time to be lazy, do cross word puzzles, and play games. 



Quality time with the BF. We have been like ships passing at sea lately, busy working opposite shifts. So it was so nice to have uninterrupted time together when we were both awake! Feel free to gag and punch me, because that's what I would have done 2 years ago, but I love this guy so much. Never ever did I think I'd find someone who makes me so happy and that I want to be with so much. But I also know that it takes some work to keep a relationship going, and that devoting time to each other is important. 



How was your weekend? Did you get a three day weekend?



No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...