I am going to be a yoga teacher!



Over the past 5 years, I've gotten more and more into yoga. I've found it increasingly appealing to me both mentally and physically. It stretches and strengthens by body, which it really needs to balance out all the high impact activity that I do. Mentally, and emotionally, it helps me let go of my natural type A, anxious personality and work on living in the moment.

Partendo da questi presupposti, magari alla prossima lezione non sarĂ² cosi competitiva... buahahaha, sono credibile?! 5 things yoga has taught me...

So for the past couple years, I've been debating getting certified. I'm not sure that I ever want to be a full time yoga teacher, but I really would like to deepen my understanding of the practice, and potentially teach part time. Ideally, I wanted to do the 200 hour certification class at my local studio, The Breathing Room. However, their schedule just didn't fit into my schedule.

Most of the time I predict that I'll have to study is nights when I am on call. This means that I have to be at home monitoring my computer. So after a lot of deliberation, I decided to go with a distance learning program through Aura Wellness.

I spent quite a bit of time researching the options- and there were a lot. There is no one national standard for yoga certification,but the one that seemed to be generally the most accepted and respected is the 200 hour certification. I don't just want a piece of paper to say I am certified. I actually want to learn something.

In all honesty, doing this through distance learning it isn't my ideal. I would have preferred to do the program at the Breathing Room or even an intensive residency type training.

But I just knew those wouldn't fit into my life right now. And it would be a little counter-intuitive if the yoga certification introduced a lot of additional stress into my life. You have to go with what works for you right no.  And this is what works.

Any yoga teachers out there? Any advice for me?

1 comment:

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...