What This Runner Wants For Christmas

R8 Quads, IT-Bands, Adductors
image source
Hi Friends! I try not to start the Christmas talk too early, but since next week is Thanksgiving, I figure it is time! Plus, I want to give Santa and his elves plenty of shopping time!

The R8 Massager

I tried this thing at a race expo two years ago and I've been wanting it ever since. It is the best self massage tool I've ever tried. It applies a lot of pressure and gets really deep (if you want it to, it's adjustable). It's just so darn expensive- I haven't been able to justify getting it for myself.

Nuun

I jumped on the Nuun bandwagon a little late because I'd never had success with drinking anything except water while running. But now I am a convert! The electrolytes really help me feel better on longer runs, and because there isn't any sugar or carbs, it doesn't upset my stomach!



Socks

All of my running socks are looking a little saggy and starting to bunch under my feet when I run. Socks make a great stocking stuffer! I like the Wrightsock Stride, which has 2 layers to reduce blisters, and the Smartwool PhD Run Ultralight Mini , which keep my feet warm and dry all winter, and don't itch even though they are wool!

Massages

I'll be marathon training this winter and nothing helps my body recover like a massage. However, I always feel bad getting them for myself, so a gift certificate is an amazing gift.

What do you want from Santa?

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...