The Perfect Summer Beverage

You guys. It's summer! My course load this second half of the summer is lighter, so I have been taking full advantage of summer. I've been to the beach, spent lots of time on my boat, gone stand-up paddle boarding, done some outside yoga, and generally enjoyed the summer. 


I also made the most perfect summer beverage ever, so I thought I'd share.

For my 7 continent marathon party, my sister in-law, made an amazing watermelon mint sangria. Basically she pureed a bunch of watermelon and mint together and then added wine just before serving. After the party, there was a bunch of the watermelon mint puree left. I didn't want it to go to waste, so I froze in ice cube trays.


I am a terrible blogger and didn't take my own picture so I had to borrow one off the interwebs
Then, a few days later I tossed the frozen watermelon cubes into the blender and turned them into a delicious watermelon slush. I then, spooned the slush into some glasses and covered it with cold prosecco. 

Sweet, cold, bubbly. The perfect summer beverage. And watermelon is good for runners. It has vitamins A, B6 and C, lots of lycopene, antioxidants and amino acids. 

also not my image. Thanks Martha Stuart

What drink are you digging this summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...