Mid Year Check In

Holy Moly, I can't believe it is July 1st. This year is just flying by! I thought this would be a good chance to check in on progress this year.

In terms of distance, running was clearly my priority for the first half of the year.
I ran 646 miles, biked 223 miles, and swam 12,254 yards


My goal is always to run 1,000 miles a year and I am in good shape to make it. My yearly mileage tends to be front-loaded, as I marathon train in the winter and early spring. So, even though my running mileage dropped considerably in June (73 miles for month compared to 100+ for the first 5 months of year), I am confident I'll still hit 1,000. Originally I was thinking I'd also like to hit 1,000 miles for the bike, but I don't think that's very realistic. So now I'm aiming for 500 miles instead.

When you look at how my workouts break out by time, running still dominates by a considerable amount. Now that my marathons are over, and the warm weather is here, I'd really like to up those bike, swim, and strength percentages. In the chart below strength training is the dark purple and swimming is the light teal. 


How is your year going? Are you on track to meet your goals?





No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...