Time Machine

2 weeks ago......... it was 55 and I was running in shorts and t-shirt. Yesterday the real feel was -10 when I ran and I was wearing ALL the clothes.

2 months ago................ I was enjoying daylight savings time and it being light out at 6 am when I run.

2 years ago..... Rory and I had just gotten engaged and decided to get married just 8 months later, so I was jumping into wedding planning.



12 years ago...... I was a sophomore in college and training to run my first half marathon with the Wheaton Running Club. Looking back now, I think it's funny how we did everything wrong- didn't follow any training plan, wore cotton shirts and socks (which led to terrible blisters), and didn't have anything to eat or drink during the race, and yet I ran my second fastest half time ever, 2:02. We also ate an entire can of frosting in the car on the way home. 


What were you doing 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years, and 12 years ago? 








No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...