New Year's Goals

because.minions.
I always struggle with the concept of New Year's Resolutions. On the one hand, they always seem a little forced and fake. On the other hand, there are areas of my life where I'd like to see change and I have to start somewhere. Even if I "failed" at my previous year's resolutions, it is still interesting to look back at the end of a year and see how and why my priorities shifted.

However I get hung up on term resolutions, so instead I am using the word goal. These are things I want to strive for this year.

1) Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily.
Rather than my goals focusing on what I can't have, I'm choosing to try and eat more healthy stuff (hoping that then I'll be less likely to eat the unhealthy stuff)

2) Do an upper body, lower body, and core focused strength workout each week (or 3 metabolic classes which tend to have a mixture of all 3) and get to yoga once a week.
I'm the cardio queen and so I want to be more well rounded in my fitness this year.

3) Multitask less
I'm super motivated and efficient, but lately I've been feeling more scattered than efficient. I want to focus on doing one thing and doing it well.

Do you make resolutions? If so, what are they?

1 comment:

  1. I think goals are better than resolutions, too (even though I don't make any, lol). That is a great list. And the great thing about it, is that it is achievable.

    #3 especially speaks to me. I am horrible at multitasking, yet, I still try to do it. I think that is why I like knitting - I really have to focus on what I am doing (okay, okay, the TV can be playing in the background). And it feels so calming and rewarding to give that focus to something!

    ReplyDelete

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...