Comeback

Well hello. It's been awhile, but I'm okay with that. I gave myself all of 2017 to focus on my new role as a mother to this adorable guy. I can't believe he is almost one!



That meant that I didn't commit to any major running (or blogging) goals in 2017. It was absolutely the right decision. It kept the pressure off and made running and working out a treat rather than a chore. 

But now somehow it is 2018. I had been struggling with what I wanted to do fitness wise this year. Part of me was itching to get back to training and racing longer distances, but another part of me loves just being able to do what I feel each day. 

Last night I had a couple of margaritas at home with the hubby (because who doesn't want a frozen drink when it is -10). Before I knew it I found myself signing up for 2 races!



Well there you go. Apparently my sub-conscious really wanted to race! I'll be doing the inaugural Portland 10 miler in April and then the 2018 Shipyard Maine Coast Marathon in May. I'm excited to start coming up with a training plan, but also glad I have some time because it is frigid here and the roads are still so icy. Who wants to train and race with me??

As for blogging, I make no promises, but I hope to be on here more. 

Happy New Year Friends! What are your plans for the new year?

1 comment:

  1. How is Cooper almost one?! Crazy town. Also crazy that you guys were having cold drinks. Ha!

    The 10 miler and marathon sound fun. Yay! Happy training and happy new year! No big plans for me, although I planted the Maine seed ;)

    ReplyDelete

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...