Duh

For Christmas I asked for some new running socks because mine were all in sad shape. My wonderful aunt got me a bunch of pairs of Smartwools, including one pair of crew (mid calf) style socks. This is something I never would have gotten for myself. I was raised in a time where tall socks were just not cool. Although apparently the look is back in based on the number of teenagers I see in shorts and tall socks. (I just don't get it, it looks so dumb).

OMG the taller socks are amazing for winter running. They are under my tights, so no one can see them. No more frozen ankle between my pants and socks! No more snow inside my socks! Best of all they also seem to help keep my tights from falling down as I run (I swear I spend half my run yanking my pants back up).

It's just always amazing to me how we get stuck in such ruts, and it often takes someone else to help us see the obvious and get us to change. I'm totally team crew for the rest of the winter.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I use crew (and knee high) socks for winter runs too, and my ankles and legs stay MUCH warmer and drier. I am glad your aunt got you some so you can experience that!

    ReplyDelete

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...