One

Just like that, my baby is one. I truly can't believe it. We celebrated with a puppy picnic over the weekend.

I was totally expecting this to be a Pinterest fail, but it wasn't!

So many babies, so much fun

I'm not sure he's really my kid, he was not a fan of cake. 

My husband bought a bounce house for the party, despite the fact none of kids can even walk!

It's so amazing how in just one year Cooper went from this tiny, sleepy, helpless baby to a real little person with his own personality and preferences. In some ways the year went so quickly, but at the same time I can hardly remember what life was like before him.

Becoming a parent is the most life changing thing I've ever done. It's challenged me in so many ways. It's physically demanding. It's challenged my relationships with my husband and my friends. It's forced me to look at my own values and determine what I want to pass on to Cooper. Nothing is just about me anymore.

It's been really hard, but a year in I feel like it's made me a better person. I feel like I'm more present, more focused, more joyful, less selfish, healthier, and stronger. Thank you Coop, for choosing me as your Mom.


1 comment:

  1. Aww, happy birthday Cooper! What a fun party! I love the bounce house and the cake!

    It's so fantastic to read that you feel the year has made you a better person, despite the challenges!! :)

    ReplyDelete

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...