Big Ole Hole

Over the summer I signed a contract to replace the old French door at the back of my house with a fancy new slider. I thought it would be nice to have a door that, you know, opened. The old door was such piece of junk that opening it took a good 20 minutes and lots of swearing. I envisioned nice summer breezes wafting through my new slider.

Except they couldn't come install until this week..... in the middle of winter. They got the old door out with no problems. And then the problems began. The whole sill at the back of house is rotten and needs to be replaced. The good news is that I live in the condo and the association is responsible for replacing it and paying for it. The bad news is that they don't seem to be in any hurry to do it.



So I have a big old hole in the back of my house. Shivering all the time has to at least burn at extra thousand calories a day right?? 

1 comment:

  1. Oh geesh! Brrr! What bad timing! Do they only have it covered with plastic during the day?

    ReplyDelete

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...