Reflections on Boston



This one hits close to home. I was born and raised in New England. I grew up going to the Boston Marathon with my parents during our April vacation. I went to college just outside Boston. I lived in Boston after college. I worked on the marathon course. I biked the marathon course several years early in the morning before the race. I am a runner. I was at the finish line last year. I have friends who were running and spectating yesterday.

So I feel like I should say something, and yet I don't know what to say.

I can't make sense of this. I don't understand why this happened.

And so the only thing I could do this morning was go for a run. That is what runners to do when they need to grieve, to think, or to celebrate. Which is why I know that this horrible event will not affect the future of the Boston Marathon.

I ran to my favorite point that has a view of Portland Head Light, Casco Bay, and the open Atlantic. I stopped and looked out at the ocean and thought of the victims. Please people let's stop this violence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...