If I had a Million Dollars

Clearly I was a Barenaked Ladies Fan back in the day because now I can't stop singing that song.....

Anyway, I feel like this would be the year to knock off 2 continents back to back.......... if I had more money and more vacation time and if I wasn't getting married this summer and if I hadn't just started a new client at work....

I just feel so darn good running. Usually after a marathon it takes me a solid month to get my legs back- they just feel heavy and slow for a good long time. It usually takes me longer than that to mentally recover and get my running mojo back.  I typically can't even think about running another marathon any time soon.

This time it is different, which is kind of ironic considering how terrible I felt the whole race. Yet, aside from the terrible cold I had, I've recovered both physically and mentally in record time.

We got home last weekend and the first thing I wanted to do was go for a run. I was in Connecticut for work all week and I was so annoyed with myself for not bringing warm enough clothes for running outside. But I pounded away on the treadmill. This morning, I woke up and couldn't wait to go for a long run.

Those May and June African Marathons are calling my name.

insert me here

A part of me wonders though if they seem so appealing because I know that I can't do them? Well unless work wants to give me some extra vacation time and some amazing person decides to step in and sponsor my trip.

If I really could go to Africa in the next couple months would I have the same enthusiasm? Is this newfound joy in running because the stress of marathon training is over and I can just run what I want to? Or, have I finally hit that magic threshold after 6 years of running marathons where they don't totally destroy me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...