What's Next?

I purposely didn't plan any races for after the Tokyo Marathon. I know that usually I need some downtime after a marathon to recover. Plus I'd know I'd have a lot of other things going on in my life- like a new client at work and planning a wedding.

This giant stack of invitations for example, all need to be assembled (why on earth did I pick invitations that involve ribbon which needs to be tied into a pretty knot??) and addressed.


And yet, just 3 weeks after the marathon I am feeling like I need some races on my schedule. I've done longish runs 2 Sundays in a row that just felt effortless. Plus, I think in the absence of a race to train for, that I am going a little crazy. For example I decided that now would be a good time to pick up basket weaving.


My cousin helped me start this and now it has turned into a giant mess that is frustrating me. 

The next, and only race, I have on my calendar is the Tri for the Cure in July. While I do need to start fundraising for that now (wouldn't you love to pledge me???? Visit my Fundraising Page Here!!) 
it is too early to start training.

Since I have the distance training under my belt, I am thinking a spring half would be perfect. Anyone know of any good New England races in the next couple months??

I'd also like to do a few shorter races just to work on my speed and for something different.

I've also been toying with the idea of jumping up to an Olympic or Half-Iron distance Tri. I've really loved doing triathlons the past couple years and think I am ready. On the other hand, I don't know if this is the year. In Maine most of them tend to be later in the season, so they will conflict with the wedding. Plus, now that I am travelling again for work I'm not sure how much swim training I'll be able to do. 

What are your racing the plans for the spring?



Comments

  1. I'm doing Tri for A Cure too! I'm on a relay team. :) Races this spring - I have Ragnar Cape Cod in May. Then this summer I have the Rail Trail 1/2, LL Bean 10K, Tri for A Cure, and B2B 10K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tri for a Cure is an amazing race! Maybe I'll look at the Rail Trail 1/2

      Delete

Post a Comment