That time I realized I was totally wrong about Zumba

This morning I accidentally found myself in a Zumba class I usually take a step class on Friday morning, but it was cancelled this week because the instructor was sick. As soon as I heard it was Zumba instead, I was tempted to head for the door.

I have always purposely avoided Zumba classes because in my mind they were kind of silly and not a real work-out. I just didn't think I was a Zumba person.

But, I was already in the room and I really wasn't in the mood to head out to the cardio area of the gym and hit up the treadmill instead (because I did that yesterday.) So Zumba it was.

Oh my gosh I had a total blast and I was a sweaty mess by the end. It brought out the old gymnast in me- I loved the choreography and getting to add a flair to all my movements. The class absolutely flew by. The energy in the room was totally contagious, everyone was laughing and whooping.

I will now publicly admit that I was wrong and Zumba is both fun and a good exercise.

Have you ever tried Zumba? What did you think? Have you ever been totally and pleasantly surprised by something?

1 comment:

  1. Aww, that is so awesome you loved it! Will you be back?

    I tried it once! I thought it was a good workout. I was surprised you just follow the moves and don't learn a routine.

    ReplyDelete

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...