Hot and Not

Do you remember that old website where you looked at a picture and judged the person as hot or not? I have no idea why I was thinking about that the other day, but I was, and so I decided to make it the theme of today's post. Here is what is hot (and not) in my world.

Hot
Trader's Joes Cheddar with Caramelized Onions. This stuff is amazing (and highly addictive).








Not Hot
The weather. It is only early December and we have already had multiple ice storms, with another doozy predicted for tomorrow. I am trying to train for a marathon here Mother Nature! I can deal with the cold and the snow, but I can't run on sheer ice!


Hot
Coach Jenny's Holiday Challenge. This is the 3rd year I've done this challenge, which encourages you to move more during the month of December by setting a weekly goal and posting updated with your status throughout the week. I am really good (maybe too obsessive) about getting my workouts in, but I still find this group really helpful. Mostly it inspires me to appreciate how lucky I am to have a healthy body that is able to move and helps me feel like I am not the only one out in the snow and cold.

Not Hot
Closing half the pool for a water aerobics class. I've been really into swimming lately as both a low-impact workout and an option for bad weather. However, the other day I only got in 20 minutes before they closed half the pool for a water aerobics class that had a whopping 2 people in it. Every single lane had 2 lap swimmers, and they asked us all to cram into 3 lanes and circle swim. I am not a confident swimmer and I like to do intervals, so I hate lap swimming, I ended up just leaving the pool, feeling very annoyed.

Hot
My new advent calendar. My Mom gave me this adorable little advent calender- every day I get to build a little paper house to add to my village. I love mini versions of things and crafty things so this is right up my alley. The only thing better would be if the hubby then hid chocolate inside them for me!



What hot and not in your world?



No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...