Top 5 of 2014

I can't believe it is the last day of 2014. This year flew by! Yet when I look back at the year, so much happened. This was a BIG year. Here's my top 5 events from the year (in chronological order).

1) Going to Japan and running the Tokyo Marathon.

Although the race was pretty awful because I was sick, I gutted it out and finished. That marked my 5th continent as complete! I absolutely loved Japan and was thankful to get to experience both the craziness of Tokyo and the quiet of the mountains.


Also, I got to eat a LOT of noodles.


2. Becoming a certified yoga teacher. 

I learned so much about yoga and myself during the teacher training. As a runner and a naturally anxious person, yoga is essential for both my physical and mental well-being. It is a blessing to be able to pass this onto my students.

3. Getting a puppy

At the beginning of June, Rory convinced me to go look at a puppy he had found on a rescue site. I couldn't say no to this little ball of fur, and so Sushi became a member of our family.


It hasn't always been easy, but she has grown into a sweet dog who keeps us laughing. Our little 11 pound puppy has grown into a 36 pound almost 1 year old dog.


4. I got Married!

It's pretty hard to top this one! It was a wonderful day filled with friends and family in my favorite place in the world. Plus, I got to marry a wonderful man who makes me so happy,


5. I got into Nursing School and am starting a new chapter in life. 

I had a rough fall. Getting laid off from my job was a major blow. Ultimately though, it was the push I needed to think about what I want from my life and get me to finally apply to nursing school. 

2015 is looking a big year too already. I start school in 2 weeks and in February we leave for our belated Honeymoon to New Zealand where I will also run a marathon (my 6th continent),

What was your favorite thing this year? What are you most looking forward to next year?





No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...