On my Bike Again

I was planning to go to a spin class this morning, but when I got up it was just SO nice out that all I wanted was to be outside. It was the perfect morning to go for my first bike ride outside. The only problem was this.

please excuse the terrible picture quality


My husband nicely tucked my road bike way up in the back of basement, where it would be safe and dry all winter. Easy enough for him at 6' 3", but not so easy for me at 5'2" to get down. I was determined though, and I eventually got that bike down!

The hassle was worth it- I had such a nice ride! I did my favorite ride along the coast in Scarborough, Cape Elizabeth, and South Portland. It was like revisiting an old friend you haven't seen in a long time. It was familiar, but I also rediscovered some things I had forgotten as well as found a few new things.

Black Point
I can't imagine living someplace without seasons. I get such joy out of the weather change in each season- the first warm, sunny days in spring; the first cool, crisp days of fall; the first snow. This is my favorite part of spring- it is lovely, but the tourists haven't arrived yet so the roads are still quiet and the beaches are still empty.

Crescent Beach
This made me so excited for summer and so excited to get out on my bike a lot. 

What is your favorite season? Have you gotten outside on your bike yet? It is (finally) getting warm where you are?



3 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to get on my bike later this week--the weather is going to warm up nicely. I'm taking the week off running, to rest my legs. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get out there Wendy. Your legs will appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Good for you for getting out! And getting that bike down, woo hoo! I hope to get out this week if we don't get our predicted storms :) It's getting TOO warm here :( lol

    ReplyDelete

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...