A Change Would Do You Good

Sheryl Crow sings "A Change Would Do You Good," and since she pretty rocks, I figure she knows what she is talking about. Plus, I've been reading more and more about the benefits of high intensity of interval work-outs. I go to boot-camp on Saturday, but for my Mon-Fri on the road workouts I always revert to my old stand-by. A 60 min moderate cardio work-out, either running, spinning, or the elliptical in the morning, and then strength training and abs (but this 2nd workout sometimes goes by the wayside).

This week, because I was working super early mornings and so it was too dark and sketchy to run, I got desperate. I can't stand more than 1 day a week each on the treadmill, elliptical, and spinning. So this morning I broke out my jumprope and resistance band. I did a 60 minute tobada work-out. A tobada is 8 repetitions of 20 sec hard w/10 sec rest. I alternated between a cardio tobada (jump rope or treadmill) and a strength exercise (squats, chest flies, rows, biceps/triceps, and burpees). And I was sweating for sure, but I somehow ended the workout feeling like it wasn't enough.

Changing your routine is majorly scary. If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten. No room for improvement sure, but also no room for failure. I tend to stick with the safe and know. So this is a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...