Last lazy days of summer

Weeks where I work at home, I tend to be pretty lazy. I don't know what to do with the time I have on my hands when I'm not spending 24 hours a week traveling!
Well lazy for me at least.....

Tuesday I did a great 5 am sunrise run in Maine before heading to my house inspection. I started in the dark and watched the sun rise pink and orange up over the ocean. Wednesday I tried to go for a long bike ride back in MA, but thanks to the storm and the hurricane at least half the roads I tried were closed or in very rough condition. I also went to Kelley's pilates class, which is like pilates bootcamp. I never remember how much it hurts until I'm in the middle of it! Thursday I did a special outside version of Leslie's bootcamp. Thanks to a million walking lunges and triceps dips, I am VERY sore today. This morning I did a great 12.5 mile run. I was aiming for 13, but I was so thirsty by the end I couldn't bring myself to run by my house to get in the extra .5. It was slower than I would have liked, but I felt great the whole time.

My other major accomplishment for the week was some good cooking. I made a peach upside down cake one night, and great homemade fresh spinach pasta with grilled summer squash and corn. The spinach pasta came out AWESOME.

4oz of spinach (I used frozen)
1/4 cup of ww flour
3/4 cup of while flour
1/3 cup semolina flour

process in food processor until it forms a ball and then put through the pasta machine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...