Life is Good

Life is Good (but Complicated) I was exhausted after Friday, but there’s no rest for the weary! I had to wait up Friday night because my Mom and her friend Cat were coming down for the Life is Good Festival. Then Saturday, I was up early again for boot camp and step and sculpt. After my marathon gym session, we packed up the car and headed to Canton for a day of fun and music! We totally lucked out with the weather. It poured Thursday, Friday, and Friday night, but stayed mostly dry Saturday. My Mom, Cat, my aunt, and my roomie Kristen and I had a great time dancing, chilling in our lawn chairs, drinking beer, tasting pretty much every food option there was, and playing all the little games they had set up (for kids probably, but we had fun anyway!). We made shrinky-dinks, we hula-hooped, we decorated cookies. We even got to be on stage. At the martin guitar tent they had a stage set up, and if you played, you were entered in a raffle for a free guitar. Thank goodness my Mom and aunt were there, because I would not have gone up alone. Being outside all day surrounded by live music was just what I needed to relax.
Kristen and I with the cookie we decorated. How much frosting can you get on one cookie?
My Mom, Aunt, and Cat rocking out! Today, Sunday, was my last Sunday at my gym. It’s honestly, one of the things I’m going to miss most. Thinking about it, I’ve spent a lot of time there over the last 5 years, and so I’ve gotten to know the instructors and people really well. I see them a lot more often than I see some of my “friends.” There is something about getting up early when the rest of the world is still in bed and getting your butts kicked that really brings people together. And the instructors know me, they know how to push me, but they also know my limits. I’ve started scoping out gyms near my new house, but haven’t made a decision yet. Anyone in the Portland area have any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...