Organization Queen

This weekend is one of my favorites of the fall, The Reach the Beach Relay!

It's 30ish hours running across New Hampshire. You run, hop back in the van, support your team-mates, eat some crap, run again, get back in the van, maybe sleep a little, drink lots of coffee, run again, and finally end up at Hampton Beach for a BBQ and beer on the beach. And this year, we're down a runner so I get to run 4 times instead of 3.

We always start off with good intentions, but by the end the van is a gross mess. Last year, I almost missed a hand-off because I couldn't find a sock. Not this year. Maybe I went overboard, but I packed each complete running outfit in an individual ziplock bag. Socks, underwear, sports bra, shorts, and shirt X 4 legs. And after each leg, I'll stuff the sweaty stuff back in the bag and seal it to minimize odor.

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...