Help Me Runner Friends

Okay runner friends, I need some recommendations. I need to change up a couple of my running accessories.

Sadly after many years (6? 8?) my beloved Garmin 405 is starting to die. The battery only lasts about 2 hours, so during marathon training it couldn't make it through all the way through my long runs. Plus getting it in exactly the right position on the charger so it actually charges takes about 10 minutes and I get so frustrated.

So, I need a new watch!

I've seen the Garmin 210 with a heart rate monitor for less than $150. I have always wanted a heart rate monitor and this watch looks like it has most everything I need. All I really use is basic pace/distance, laps, and intervals.

Any feedback on this watch? Or any other watches that you love?

The second thing is sunscreen. Now that I'm about to turn 30, I'm starting to notice all these lines and wrinkles starting on my face. It's probably time to get with it and start wearing sunscreen when I run. I am pretty diligent about wearing it during the rest of my life, but I haven't been able to commit to wearing it running because it always gets in my eyes!

10 minutes in and this is stinging my eyes

Who has a good sunscreen that you can put on immediately before running?

Any other running things you are totally loving lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...