Pure LYFT {Product Review}


Do you eat or drink anything before your morning workouts? 

For early morning workouts, I've found that I can't eat or I feel sick but I definitely notice that I feel better and perform better if I've had some coffee. However, I also like to maximize my sleep time and stay in bed until the last minute. I don't want to wake up 15 minutes earlier to make coffee and drink a mug before heading out. Plus, if I make the coffee before I run the leftovers taste all burned and gross by the time I drink my post-run coffee. (Yep I am one of those people when it comes to my coffee). 

So I was intrigued when I had a chance to try Pure LYFT, which are all natural caffeine sticks. I tend to stay clear of energy drinks or other caffeine products because they tend to contain a lot of sugar and scary chemicals. But, Pure LYFT looked pretty clean: the caffeine comes from natural green coffee bean extract, it has vitamins A and B, no artificial flavors, sweeteners or preservatives, and no calories. 


These do not slow me down at all in the morning. All you have to do is peel off the sticker on the stick and plop it in your water. Give it a little stir and you're good to go. 


It basically has no taste and dissolves quickly so it just tastes like plain water. I've been using them before my early morning gym sessions. I drink half the bottle on the way to the gym and the rest during the first half of my workout. Saturday is my long day at the gym: a 45 minute metabolic conditioning class, 20 minutes of upper-body strength, and then a 30 minute run. If I don't have anything to eat or drink, I usually start to fade by my strength session. But, with Pure Lyft I powered right through!

I still love my coffee, and will continue to rely on it as my primary source of caffeine, but I will definitely continue to use Pure Lyft for my early morning workouts.

Disclaimer: I was provided with a free sample of Pure Lyft, but as always, all opinions are my own. I will never pretend to like something just because I got it for free!






No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...