Super Saturday



Yesterday was a day filled with fun from start to finish. 

I started my day, like I start most Saturdays, at metabolic conditioning class at the gym. We had a sub and she absolutely kicked my butt. But, she did it with such energy and awesome music that I was smiling the whole time. I left class with my legs shaking with fatigue, so I wasn't sure how the track workout I had planned was going to go. I did 4 x 400 and 4 x 200 and I was shocked to keep looking down and seeing a 6:xx min/mile pace on my 400's. For this slow girl, that is flying!

Once, I had the healthy part of my day done, it was time for fun. First up, Street Eats and Beats.

Street Eats and Beats Logo

This is a new festival that combines local beer, local food trucks, and local music. It was a gorgeous sunny day, so it was so nice to be outside by the water listening to music and drinking beer. We made the rounds to all the trucks before we decided, and ultimately couldn't pass up the tater tot truck. Tater tots are one of those things that I never crave, but always love when I have them. 


I had my tots topped with pulled pork, BBQ sauce, and coleslaw. Healthy? Not so much. Delish? Absolutely.

After a couple hours, we headed to our next stop. El Rayo, an awesome Mexican restaurant, was having their annual Cinco de Mayo fest. We donned our sombreros and sat outside on the patio, listening to the live music and watching people attempt to stay on the mechanical bull. 


After a hat change, we headed to Brian Boru for their Kentucky Derby Party. (Seriously, why do I own so many silly hats??) 


As always, they went all out decorating the bar like Churchill Downs. We admired the other fabulous Derby hats, got up to speed on the horses, and enjoyed a few drinks. I decided to root for Vicar’s in Trouble, because he was riden by a female Jockey, Rosie Napravnik. 


In the end, we decided to ditch Brian Boru before the derby and head to Elsmere for dinner. Apparently, the tots earlier hadn't satisfied our BBQ requirements for the day. We enjoyed a BBQ feast, watched the derby (Rosie didn't win :(), and debated which of the new BBQ restaurants in Portland in the best.

By 9 I was in bed, sunburned, full, and exhausted. 

How was your Saturday? Did you watch the Derby? Who did you root for?







No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...