Juice Till Dinner

I suppose I should start this by acknowledging that I am now a huge hypocrite. I always said that cleanses and juice fasts were stupid, and yet what am I about to embark on? A juice cleanse. 

image source http://mainesqueezejuicecafe.com/
I just feel like it's time for something drastic. I can just not kick my sugar addiction and am stuck in this terrible cycle. The more sugar I eat, the more I want. Plus, I've just gotten in this habit of reaching for food all the time- when I'm bored, when I'm stressed, when I'm lonely. The whole trying for moderation thing is just not working for me right now. 


But, I did do a lot of research and picked a very specific program. I am participating in the Juice Till Dinner program, offered by my favorite local juice cafe, the Maine Squeeze. So one, I know the juice will be fresh, made with local ingredients, and delicious. Two, it was designed by a certified health coach who provides support throughout the whole week. Three, you get to eat real food too. I don't think subsisting in liquids alone is all that good for you, so this program includes recipes for a healthy dinner each night. Four, I am doing this as part of a group, so I'll have people to encourage and sympathize with me. 

I am not doing this so much as a cleanse, but as a reset for my body and mind. I think the human body does a pretty amazing job cleansing itself. It's my mind and emotions that need to be reminded that I don't constantly need sugar and massive quantities of food. 

So let's see how this goes. 

Have you ever done a cleanse or a juice fast? Do you think was effective? What was the hardest part?






1 comment:

  1. I've never done a juice cleanse but I'm interested to see how you do with it!

    ReplyDelete

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...