Friday 5

There are just so many great things happening in my life today that it totally makes up for the fact that it is pouring rain! I am so exited about them all that I don't even know where to start. 

1. I got my birthday present a couple days early- a Garmin 220. I've been playing with it for the last half hour and love it already! It is so much more comfortable than my old 405 and the controls work so much better. I got the heart rate monitor too, so I've been wearing it around the house just for fun. I can't wait to take this baby out for a run!

2. I'm a certified yoga teacher! I got the message last night- I got a 97% percent on my practical, a 100% on my written, and a 100% on my essay! To celebrate, I'll be offering a free (donations to Maine Cancer Foundation accepted gladly) series of classes on Thursday night, outside by the flag pole at Fort Williams. Please come! Or if you aren't local, and still want to donate click here

Twilight 5K3. I volunteered at the Twilight 5k last night. It's been awhile since I volunteered at a race and I had more fun than if I'd run it. I was a course marshal and it was neat to get to see every single runner. I could see people visibly respond as I cheered for them. And I even shocked myself by shouting my least favorite thing to hear as a runner- "you're almost there!" (They still had half a mile).



4. My birthday is this weekend. The big 30. We are heading up to my Mom's to celebrate. Hopefully we can get the boat in the water by the end of the weekend. Then it will really feel like summer.

5. My new puppy is a hoarder. She keeps dragging her bed and all her toys into a big pile in the middle of the floor.

How's your Friday going? What are your plans for the weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...