About that fall marathon

Last week I ran 33.89 miles. (And if I had know it was .89 I totally would have done an extra .11 to make it 34). With training like that I could totally be ready for the Auckland Marathon in the fall.




Except the week before I only ran 13.44 miles. But, the week before that I ran 26.8! But, the week before that I only ran 19.5. 

This, my friends, is why I've never done a fall marathon. I have such a hard time being consistent in the summer between the heat and all the fun summer activities. I'd so much rather go do a long run when it is 20 than when it is 80. In fact when it's 80, I'd prefer to skip running altogether and head out in my kayak. 

I know that in order to complete my goal of running a marathon on all 7 continents, that I will probably have to run a fall marathon at some point. I just wish I knew if this was the year. Maybe if I knew for sure, I'd be able to suck it up and train consistently. Unfortunately, there are just too many variables (money, work schedules, a new puppy, etc), that we just don't know if when and if we will be able to do New Zealand.

How is your training going this summer? 

1 comment:

  1. Summer months are usually my lowest mileage months too! (Yet I still end up doing a fall marathon, each year, some how, lol)

    ReplyDelete

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...