Breaking Point

This morning I came home from my run, flopped down at my husband's feet and immediately burst into tears.

I am officially at that point of marathon training where I am SO tired and so over it, but I still have a lot of training in front of me.

This whole week was just not fun running. It was freezing cold, windy, icy and snowy. I am tired of being freezing. I literally froze my a$$ on Tuesday. Yep froze the skin and then had a very itchy butt the rest of the day once it defrosted. #awkward
I am tired of having terrible footing and fighting traffic for only clear spots on the run. This morning a car of teenagers thought it would be funny to drive directly at me until I had to jump in a snowbank to avoid being hit. I am tired of dragging myself out of bed when it is still dark out and all I want to do is roll over and go back to sleep. I am tired of having such heavy legs that I can barely make it up the stairs. I am so tired of constantly having a sore throat and stuffy nose.

Basically I am tired.



And now my rant is over. Enjoy your weekend.

Help! How do you get your running mojo back? How do you handle the less pleasant aspects of winter? Did you tend to hit the wall in your training?





1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is awful those teenagers did that. Gah, people can be such asses to runners in the winter :(

    I am sorry you are feeling so crappy and over it! What has helped you get over this hump in the past? Usually running with a friend or trying a new route gets me excited! Kind of hard to do new routes in the winter though!

    ReplyDelete

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...