Brownie Waffles: Darn you Rachael Ray

When I'm working at home I like to have daytime TV on in the background to fill the silence. This is turning into a problem because I keep seeing delicious, and not so healthy, recipes I want to try. Last fall on Rachael Ray I was introduced to the wonder of stuffing waffles, which I thought was the best waffle creation ever. And then yesterday she topped it- brownie waffles. They looked so good I thought about them all day, until I finally caved tried making them. Holy yum. They are so good, crispy on both sides with that wonderful brownie softness in the middle. They are horribly dangerous because they only take about 5 minutes from start to finish!

Rachael Ray's Brownie Waffles

I knew I didn't want to make a whole batch, because then I'd eat a whole batch. So I invented a single serve recipe. I apologize in advance for sharing because I know you will want these every day!

Kier's Slightly Healthier Single Serve Brownie Waffle

1/4 cup flour (I used half whole wheat)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon applesauce
2 tablespoons water or milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt

mix and pour into a well greased pre-heated waffle iron




No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...