New Years Resolutions (and thanks Coach Jenny)

1. Be more mindful. I am always going in a thousand directions and always trying to multitask and I feel like this is coming at cost. By not focusing my attention on what I am doing right here, right now, I am missing out on some of the full experience. So this year I am going to try to quiet my mind, tune out the distractions, and focus.

2.  Get back to my feel great weight. I know I'll never be super skinny again and I am happier for it, but I would like to get back to the weight where I am proud of my body and feel strong. For the most part I eat pretty well and I certainly exercise, but I know that I have 2 big weaknesses- eating in front of the TV at night, and getting unhealthy snacks in the airport.

3. Improve my swim time and comfort in the water in the triathalon. Last year I did my first 2 tris and LOVED them, except the swim where I felt like I was going to die. I want to sign up for some open water clinics and coaching so that this year I can rock the swim.

Of course the hardest part of New Year's Resolutions is following through and actually doing them. So, I'm asking for your help. Please keep checking in with to see if I am keeping myself accountable.

Also, I want to say a huge thank you to Coach Jenny. I participated in her Holiday Challenge and it was great. One of the prizes in the challenge was a Personal Savers wrist band pepper spray thing. Since being attacked while running last year, I've been meaning to get something like this, and was a little bummed that I didn't win. But when I went to get my mail yesterday, there was a personal saver from Coach Jenny! Although I wasn't the official winner, she still sent me one after hearing my story. I was so touched by her thoughtfulness, and will feel so much safer running in the dark in the early morning in California next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...