DIY

So as I've said, I am turning into a real wimp when it comes to the weather. I did make myself run outside this morning in the snow, which would have been fine if it hadn't been for all the cars flying by me and showering me in freezing slush. But for the most part, I've been spending quite a bit of time in the house. Luckily, in my new house I'm finding all kinds of fun projects to keep me busy.

First up was the bedroom. When I shared a house with room-matesmy bedroom was jam packed with all the mementos of my life, but now I have a whole house to fill and so my bedroom was a little sparse. I decided to zen it out a little, adding decoration but not noise or clutter. It forces me slow down and relax when I'm in the room- perfect!



Next up was the bathroom and I went in a totally different direction. I was in such a rush before I moved in that I had most of the house just painted white, and I was ready for some fun. So I sponge painted the back wall of the bathroom to give it some kick. It is great, I get a kick of energy every time I go into the room, especially in the morning.


I had a ton of paint left so I decided to do my laundry area too. I hate doing laundry, so I figured that a bright, cheerful laundry room could only help. Voila! (The blue is just tape, because it wasn't dry yet, it's not permanent.)





No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...